Carbon Conversations Groups offer a supportive group experience that helps people reduce their personal carbon footprint. They deal with the difficulties of change by connecting to values, emotions and identity. The groups are based on a psychological understanding of how people change.
Small groups meet with trained facilitators in homes, community centres, workplaces or other venues. The groups offer:
- space for people to explore what climate change means for themselves, their families and their aspirations
- permission to share their hopes, doubts and anxieties
- time to work through the conflicts between intention, social pressure and identity
- reliable, well-researched information and practical guidance on what will make a difference
- support in creating a personal plan for change
The meetings use professionally designed, reliable materials to cover climate change basics, ideas for a low-carbon future and the four key areas of the footprint. Facilitation training equips suitable volunteers to facilitate effective, stimulating groups.
Please see the programme tab for further information.
5.30pm Registration. 6.00pm start – followed by networking 7:00pm onwards
- Anglia Ruskin UniversityPeterborough CampusGuild HouseSwain CourtOundle RoadPeterboroughPE2 9PW
An understanding of:
- the Carbon Conversations process
- the benefits of a conversation approach to learning about carbon savings
- the application to home and workplace settings
Clicking on the register button will take you to the BPS online Shop - please sign in using your usual BPS membership number and password.
If you don't yet have an account, you can create an account via this link:
Once you have signed in, click on this event to register and you should be able to complete the form and add to basket.
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Membe Network Services, quoting 'DOP-Carbon-May17', at:
Alternatively please telephone during office hours on +44 (0) 116 252 9515 stating the name and date of the event.