Understand the triggers and effects of stress and learn how to manage stress using a variety of stress management techniques.
Delegates will be able to create a personalised stress picture using a stress symptom checklist, check their scores against the four components of stress and the Holmes Rahe scale and practise some of the stress management techniques introduced.
The workshop could help reduce stress, improve relationships, create a balance b/n rational and emotional life and increase overall well-being of mind, body and soul. Delegates will:
- Understanding stress- types and levels of stress
- Individual circumstances and individual responses to stress
- The 4 components of stress (external demands, internal needs and values, personal coping resources external coping resources)
- Understand and put into practice CBT techniques (managing thoughts)
- Transactional Analysis for managing relationships
- Mindfulness Meditation for stress reduction
- Physical relaxation and healthy lifestyle
- Review and action plans
No prior knowledge or experience required
BPS London Office
30 Tabernacle Street
- To understand and recognise the symptoms and components of stress
- To recognise their own stress triggers and understand the link between thoughts and behaviour
- To gain knowledge of how TA can be used for improving communication and relationships
- To understand how Mindfulness Meditation works and lean how to practise it
- To understand the importance of lifestyle and relaxation for maintaining healthy stress levels
Facilitator: Maria Bennett MBPsS
Maria Bennett is a psychologist and a qualified stress management trainer/consultant (MSc Psychology, Dip HSM, PTLLS) with extensive experience of delivering training to adults and children on various topics, either independently or through other organisations (NDNA, HATA, Achieve4Children etc.).
|Society Members||£150.00 (£125.00 + VAT)|
Please note: online bookings will close on 30 October 2017.
Please call +44 (0)1952 214065 for availability after this point.
To pay by cheque or request an invoice (a purchase order is required for invoices) please complete and return the 2017 Registration form.
Please note that we are only able to accept invoice requests at least 6 weeks before the event date.
For further information on booking please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: + 44 (0)1952 214065
BPS Events - Bookings
PO Box 87