The attached document focusses on the promotion of mental health and wellbeing for all adults living with HIV, as well as the early detection of psychological difficulties, and the provision of appropriate interventions for those who need them.
The standards set out in this document describe the psychological support which should be available for all adults living with HIV in the UK.
These standards are split into eight categories:
- Standard 1: The promotion of mental health and psychological wellbeing
- Standard 2: The provision of comprehensive psychological support services
- Standard 3: The engagement of people living with HIV
- Standard 4: Access to information and support at the time of diagnosis
- Standard 5: Identifying psychological support needs
- Standard 6: Assessing competence to provide psychological support
- Standard 7: The coordination of psychological support
- Standard 8: Ensuring evidence-based practice
For further information please consult: