The BPS recognises the importance and value the psychological workforce can deliver in broadening access to the psychological professions and meeting the needs of a changing society. We recognise that workforce developments are increasingly leading to the creation of non-regulated new roles where the work is primarily a form of applied psychological practice. The BPS is supporting the recognition of these psychological professions in a number of ways including accreditation of training, supporting the developments of new routes such as apprenticeships and registration of individuals in these roles.
The BPS has developed a voluntary registration scheme for a number of roles in the psychological workforce that are not regulated by law. An individual registration scheme is being pursued with NHS England to register psychological wellbeing practitioners, children’s wellbeing practitioners and education mental health practitioners. The society is also seeking to register other roles in the wider psychological workforce outside of the NHS England registration scheme including the new clinical associate in psychology role and the clinical associate in applied psychology role in Scotland.
This webinar is for psychological practitioners in service or in training that want to learn more about the work the Society is doing to support the wider psychological professions and for those may be eligible for registration and would like to find out more about the registration scheme.
Please note, this webinar will be recorded.
- The value of the psychological workforce and how BPS is supporting recognition of the wider psychological professions
- Overview of the individual registration scheme developments and the BPS Wider Psychological Workforce Register
- Why is registration for non-regulated roles in the psychological workforce important?
- Q&A session
- An overview of what the BPS is doing to support the recognition and growth of the wider psychological workforce
- Understand the importance of voluntary registration for practitioners in non-regulated roles in the wider psychological workforce
- An overview of the registration scheme developments with NHS England and NHS Education for Scotland and the eligibility requirements for BPS Wider Psychological Workforce Register
Laura Smith, Workforce Development Manager
Claire Tilley, Head of Workforce, Education, Training and Standards
Registration is FREE and available online only.
In order to register for the event, you will need to sign in using your log in details. If you are not a returning customer, you will need to create a free account.
Joining instructions will be sent the day prior to the event, these will be sent to your BPS registered email address.
Have a query?
Contact [email protected]