Qualitative research deserves to be a reflexive activity, where researchers consider their own position and how the research has impacted upon them.
There is a lack of clarity and understanding in qualitative research issues, and a lack of general understanding of technique.
This webinar will develop an understanding of qualitative research techniques and the increasing importance of reflexivity in research and practice. This is an opportunity for discussion around study design, with a focus on Thematic Analysis, IPA and Grounded Theory. The session will further develop an understanding of the importance of reflexivity and how to be reflexive when undertaking research and to undertake discussion and problem-solving for qualitative research issues.
The content will be drawn from lectures that are delivered by the presenter at University College London.
This will support the learning of psychological researchers, qualitative researchers, and post-graduate researchers. Pre-requisite of some awareness of qualitative approaches is needed.
- The webinar will provide an opportunity for Q&As.
- Please click on the programme tab for more information.
- A zoom link and password to join the webinar will be sent out one hour prior to the webinar to everyone who registers.
- This webinar will be recorded and made available as a recording for everyone who registers.
- To provide opportunity for discussion around study design, with a focus on Thematic Analysis, IPA and Grounded Theory
- To develop an understanding of the importance of reflexivity in qualitative research
- How to be reflexive when undertaking qualitative research
- To support problem-solving for aspects of individual qualitative research issues.
Post webinar materials
Participants will be provided with slides used in the session and a recording within 10 days afterwards.
Presenter: Dr Gavin Morgan CPsychol AFBPsS
Gavin is an academic and professional tutor across both educational psychology doctorates at the University College London lecturing across all aspects of professional development, including a focus on qualitative research.
|Price||£96.00 (£ 80.00 + VAT)
£57.20 (£48.00 + VAT)
1. Online bookings will close at 11:00 on 4 July 2022.
2. A Zoom link to join the webinar will be sent to everyone registered one hour before the webinar is due to start.
To register for the webinar you need to sign into your BPS user account or create a new account by clicking the ‘create an account’ button. When signed in, click the ‘register’ button to book onto the workshop.
Professional Development Centre