28 January 2020
The Sentencing Council’s Drug Offences Definitive guideline came into force in February 2012.
The Council has decided to review the current Drug offences guidelines and revise them to ensure that they reflect the type of offending coming before the courts today, and to include the new legislation on psychoactive substances for the first time.
The revised drug offences guideline will provide sentencers across the Crown Court and magistrates’ courts with guidance, which will assist in achieving the Council’s objective of consistent sentencing, and provide transparency for the public regarding the penalties for these offences.
Send your comments to [email protected] using the response form.
The deadline for responses is the end of play on Friday the 06th of March.
- The society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties / Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on clinical opinion