22 January 2020
The aim of the review is to identify the characteristics of effective early intervention in children and young people’s mental health.
To do this we will:
- undertake a review of existing models of support in the UK and abroad to identify the impact of different service models on young people’s mental health and wellbeing
- work with young people and parents to develop principles for how all early intervention programmes can best meet the needs of young people and families
- make recommendations to Government for improving early support in communities for young people with emerging mental health needs
This is an excellent opportunity for the BPS to provide a psychological evidence base to help inform the Review.
Send your comments to [email protected] using the response form.
The deadline for responses is the end of play on Friday the 14th of February
- The society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties / Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on clinical opinion